What: Worldwide platform for the rental of houseboats.
- Worldwide Payment system
- SMS notifications
- iCal / Google calendar synchronisation
- Double booking notifications
- Communication (chat) through own servers, including filter system
- Extensive calendar synchronisation settings
- Very extensive rental pricing options
- 5 languages
- Google auto translate (API) to translate user generated content (reviews / property texts / etc)
- VUE.js frontend built from the ground up
- Server side rendering for great SEO
- Amazon multi location instance setup
- S3 for image storage
- Load balancing through CloudFlare
- Amazon Aurora Cloud database with overseas replica
- SMS verification on sign-up
- ‘Live’ favourites page. It is possible to update the favourites page live from different locations at the same time. You can find a location together!
Book a houseboat, a worldwide houseboat rental platform
Book a houseboat is a worldwide platform for houseboat rentals which started in Amsterdam in 2013. Since then they have grown to become the largest houseboat rental platform in the world which focuses solely on let and renting houseboats. A houseboat being an object on the water on which you can sleep, eet and relax with bedroom and kitchen. So definitely not everything qualifies as houseboat.
Staying on a houseboat is quite an experience. You’ll see the surroundings and the city from a completely different angel. Back in the old days houseboats where houses for the poor, nowadays they are often very luxurious and moored in the best and most central places in the city. It’s like having your own private house, without neighbours, in the middle of the city. Houseboat living is definitely not for the poor anymore but rather a holiday experience you don’t want to miss when visiting Amsterdam.
Why rent a houseboat in Amsterdam?
In Amsterdam for a weekend? Do yourself a pleasure, surprise your significant other and spend some nights on a luxury houseboat in Amsterdam. Spending the weekend on the water is a great experience, indeed it is breathtaking. The environment is often quiet and serene. The calm air and the breeze of the night relieve and renew you. Next morning open your window and throw out your fishing rod. There are many fish to catch in the Amsterdam canal waters. This unusual fishing scenery also amazes, you never know what you are going to catch. Imagine spending even a week for your vacation in a houseboat. Even more fishing and relaxing! Your private home in the city center.
The pressure of a nice roof terrace, the constant flow of people passing by. A few beers on the table, all your worries become be a thing of the past. That is the essence of staying on a houseboat, having good times – to enjoy and relax!